Sunday, August 31, 2014

Madfurther 2, MF2, #madfurther2014, Whatever, it was awesome. St Paul MN 8/23/14






“We're all mad here.” ― Lewis CarrollAlice in Wonderland


Gas+Air+Spark= BOOM, also known in the new school as "internal Combustion" Something we can all relate to. The equation that powers our dreams, and makes us tingle when an impressive demonstration of such presents itself.
Madfurther definitely had us tingling this year. After pulling off a super show last year in what could be a record short planning period, this year held a little more time to be creative with the set up and execution of this years show.
Following the theme created  last year, there was absolutely no shortage of rad stuff to drool over this year either.
Where else can you get this mix, at a working airport, with this kind of crowd? Madfurther is where......
I'll spare you the slobbery wet kisses of description about how great this show is, I did that last year and all I could do is repeat the same words if I tried again as it felt just as good this year. If you want a piece of that see here. myoshkosh to Madfurther 2013 coverage. This year had just as good a feel if not a little better.
of course with most of the organizers having deep roots in the VW scene there would be a strong contingent here, no disappointments....
 Pulling cars from all walks of enthusiasm is not an easy thing to do, there is uncertainty, and sometimes animosity between the different brand loyalists at times. Thankfully there is a trend coming about in our world of automotive enthusiasm, one of tolerance and a respect for cool stuff regardless of what the tag on the grill says.
This is called "doing it right"

"that moment when" the jawdropper rolls in....

All things cool represented.....


Not to mention the layout this year made for some decent photo ops.....

As was last year, Richard Grieco Suave was hitting it at the tables with another fixture from my neck of the woods- JB Ill. These guys should be called murders as they are always killing it. RGS almost being a fixture at Midwest VW Enthusiast events is probably one of the coolest crosses in industries I have ever seen and we are lucky it's happening! As he brings in more artists and talent to our world, It only benefits us as the biggest thing lacking at most car events is aural stimulation. Thanks for being there for us guys!

I'm really starting to be intrigued by the JDM scene. Many would be critical of a car arriving in this state, Me, I want to hear the story.......
For once (and I'm sure you are thankful for this) I'm pretty sure I have more pictures than words to tell The Madfurther 14 story. Enjoy....
Ill.......
being a serious picture taker and all I thought I'd play around with watermarks.....
I'd spoil this car if I said anything beyond It took home best muscle car last year as well as some awards this year.

Scott Evans is certainly making his rounds with his badass Allroad this year. And that's a good thing....
What would a carshow be without some CCWs?
Oh yeah, this thing. A bagged , ratrod radio flyer complete with skull shifter that operates the bags. Dang....
Is that guy taking a leak? Just kidding....
I wasn't kidding when I said there was some of everything there....

Really, I mean it.
See?
What a cool mix of stuff.
Sorry bout that mess I left on the tarmac after I saw this....
I just happened to be into reflections in wheels and yellow cars that day haha....

Without fear of overstepping my bounds, I can say the organizers of this show say thank you for another great year. Your attendance and support either as a spectator or a sponsor/vendor are some of the major things that keep an event alive and a big thanks is in order for this.

In the spirit of Gas+Air+Spark=Boom, Thank you for a kickass show. I look forward to another celebration of internal combustion with my friends, many of whom feel like family, next year. 

Get more info on the show and it's happenings at Madfurther

No comments:

Post a Comment