Sunday, October 6, 2013

Scrapes, Rattles, And zipties. Bergstrom Toyota 9/28/2013


Scrapes, rattles and zipties. To the average person a carshow with a title like this would connotate something where people go to maybe get some parts from cars that are about go to spend their last days in a gravel lot with their paint wilting away in the hot sun and filling with water whenever it rains, and people slowly take bits of what’s left before they are shredded for scrap with the remains being sold to a recycler.
But alas, to the folks in the know, otherwise called “enthusiasts” this has a whole different meaning. Scrapes, rattles and zipties all of a sudden becomes a representation, or a description of a lifestyle and culture that we immerse ourselves in 100%.  Scrapes rattles and zipties are a normal part of every day that we drive our cars, the constant pouring over our cars making sure they do what we want them to, when we want them too.
Scrapes: Well, the cars are low, it’s a fact that this is a lifestyle and we love it
Rattles: Most of our cars are in the range of10-20 years old, pieces have been removed here or there for one reason or another sometimes leaving an opening for the adjoining part to make a noise as it has a little free room to move.
Zipties:  In many cases used to fasten wires and hold them out of the way or, toholdasmashedbumpertrimpiecegrilllighthoseanylittlepiecethatweneedinacertainspotandaziptiewashandy.
It was virtually impossible to get a good overall of the event as the display area was huge (that is a good thing btw)
Just another angle of the show, it continued far down to the right also
Hosted By Bergstrom Toyota in conjunction with WI Imports the show was in my eyes, at the very least a success. Driving in it was nice to see a mix of Asian, euro, some muscle and even a supercar all mingling at the same event. I’ll stop kicking this horse one of these days but this is exactly what I preach. Tolerance and camaraderie between the enthusiasts of different automotive marques.  Kudos for helping do that guys, it sure is refreshing.
Cars from all across the globe sprinkled around with each other and everybody having a good time. Dig it.

The attitude of attendees was great, lot’s of introductions made and hands shaken, not really any catty stuff about cars but a lot of well thought out questions, dig the vibe, keep it up.
And the steel I saw, this is why I like seeing more than just VWs. There is some stuff out there that is just awesome. I saw some stuff that had me double taking and hunting down the owners so I could ask a few questions.


This car was one that had me on a quest for info. Look for some more on this car on this blog soon.

Timeless and classic in my eyes. I love these cars.

I saw a number popping up on face book of about 177 cars driving in through the gate which is a very respectable number for a first year event. The Bergstrom Toyota staff was serving up food (with all the proceeds going to make a wish= very cool) A DJ in the service drive broadcasting for us, and a threatening yet dry sky keeping the sun at bay for temperature control it turned out to be a good event. Definitely one to watch for our part of the Midwest!

Indeed, it is....

A little mk2 VW love.
Every year there are more and more Subies popping up. I'm ok with that, I dig em...

One of the cleanest builds I've seen in awhile and my favorite part is the heatmarks by the turbo. It means it's driven. Very cool.....

I thought these mirrors were only in Japan?
Chalkboard paint on cars, I'm unsure about that one but my kids sure love it. Who drew that DIV logo on the hood?

A little love for my GLI. I took a deposit on it that night and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little sad to see it going away.

And of course a little more euro love.....


Thanks again for getting this out there to WI Imports, and Bergstrom Toyota!

No comments:

Post a Comment