Sunday, October 6, 2013

Haunted Heads- True Midwest rock from Oshkosh WI!

Photo property of the Haunted Heads. Photo Credit: John Pata

There are a huge number of assets to music and the arts in the Oshkosh area. Some I can enjoy and respect for their art, some I fall whole heartedly head over heels for at first viewing.

The music of the haunted heads handily falls into the second category for me. With a rich history in the Oshkosh music scene and elsewhere, the Heads have captured and continue to carry on the traditional sounds and feel that made me fall in love with music at an early age. A gritty, raw sound, with an in your face sonic value that embodies what I have associated with pure genuine Midwestern rock and roll. They invoke memories of some classics- Old Soul Asylum, The Replacements, mix in some vibe from bands like the promise ring and The Get Up Kids with a modern- more still to come feel and you have some brilliant rock music crafted right here in Oshkosh.
Check this video out, It's a good representation of the energy these guys have live....

 The first time I saw The Haunted Heads as they hammered through their set with vicious enthusiasm I was bombarded with memories from my “glory days” seeing bands at places like 1st Ave in MPLS and The Stones Throw in Eau Claire, many which played with the same verve and energy as these guys. After all, I did say they embody much of what I love about rock in the Midwest.

Well suited in the small intimate club or right at home in a big wide open hall, The Haunted Heads will keep you dancing until the lights go off. At that time, you will probably get in your car and pop in that disc you just bought and jam out all the way home making people next to you at stoplights wonder if you are ok.

All I know, is that as long as they will continue to grace our stages and pubs around town, I will be there if possible, because who doesn’t love a good rock show?

Keep up with them at their Facebook page

But for now here is a video that is pretty badass....

No comments:

Post a Comment